I'm getting smarter. Maybe.

Yesterday I wrote some big papers. I'm a slower writer than many, so I was pretty impressed that I managed to turn out 16 pages. That's lots for me. (It's for the John class I'm taking.) My brain feels like it has been shoved through a PVC tube. I actually recover from these events faster than usual. I guess practice makes perfect, and now I can get back into Augustine's "Confessions." Well, soon that is.

But when I'm tired out, gosh I just want to go and splurge on a freebord (think snowboarding on concrete) or hitchhike to Hawaii (not an easy thing to do... the whole Pacific thing...), play ukuleles and surf or something. Theoretically this intense studying is supposed to make me smarter, so someone is going to have to explain why I'm so-not-eager to do anything particularly worthwhile right now. (Besides listen to A Day In The Life for the fifth or sixth time today.)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

16 pages in one day, huh? let me just ask...is that single spaced, times new roman, or double spaced courier new?

Will said...

I have to laugh at Elizabeth's comment...I too am a slow writer and would love to use Arial size 16 on my papers! ("No, really--I need this size to complete the paper!") Lol; try to use that one on a prof. Hope the trip is going well! I'm back in Alma August 18, eventually helping orient the freshmen; summer goes by so quickly...