Part 1: Me

This is strictly a news update. There will be no spiritual insights, clever profundities, or words of wisdom. At the end, you will know where I am, what I am doing, and not much else. Chances are, if you read this, you already know all that, but what the hey.

I am in Upper New York serving as a youth-pastoral intern at Immanuel Baptist Church. I am here until the end of August. I am not sure exactly what my last day is, but I will most certainly be back in Michigan by September 2nd. Because that is my sister's open house. And of course since my birthday is September 1st I expect everyone to bring presents for me as well. (And if I get a buck, I can be a Buckaneer!)

I spend a lot of time studying, a lot of time with kids from the youth group, and a lot of time with the church in general. I still sleep too much, eat too little (by midwest standards), and spend way too little time on my guitar. I am on the final tape of the Iliad, CD 1 of Alexander Hamilton's life, and tape 4 of John Adam's life. While driving and napping I have also listened to several Shakespearean plays. He's cool. (He lacks my talent for description, however.)

Next fall, I will be going either to Iowa or Michigan. You probably want to know exactly what I will be doing. Never fear, I'm just as eager to find out. It seems impossible to do everything I need to do, so brothers and sisters keep me in prayer.

4 comments:

Will said...

Completely understand busyness. Good luck on the internship!

Cheers,
-Will

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, definitely continuing to keep you in my prayers. Had a great time catching up with you at the wedding. God Bless!
www.kiltsandthistles.blogspot.com

Alydia said...

Holy busy kid

Alydia said...

holy busy kid

lol@ my word verification being this: jezxavwi

Alydia