Symphony

Recently (three or four weeks ago) I was in New York City helping set up a piano show. (Not my regular job.) It happened to be in the Lincoln Center, and specifically in the Alice Tully Concert Hall. It just so happened that, as Eric Pareis and I were wandering about before the pianos had arrived, we heard some music. Down some stairs, through a door on the right, and then...

Oh - My - Goodness...


Heard the end of whatever orchestra did this, and a few minutes later the Park Avenue Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra rolls on with an 8' Concert Grand and plays Beethoven's Fourth Piano Concerto in its entirety.

Lucky isn't quite the word I'm looking for... Lets just say it's not every day you get to see this sort of thing (and for free and in the center of the concert hall??). Beethoven reaches right into my soul, and this piece really grabbed me. (The pianist was absolutely brilliant by the way.) And this just for Elizabeth: you're not allowed to be jealous, because you are going to see the Lion King >=P.

In other news, I finished the Gospel of Luke (I need about four or five more good solid reads before I even start to think about that book), and tonight I watched Cool Hand Luke.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yeah, i heard that you got to play the piano! why does the lion king count?--you've already seen it!

Will said...

Ah, concert pianists...

I really AM jealous! :)

klasieprof said...

"Luke-y Luke-y..Why'd you have to go and say 50 eggs for??"

"Callin it your job don't make it right boss".

"What we have here is a Failure to communicate".

Great flick.