Quick Post Before Colins Memorial

And I'm writing a second quick thingy which deserves its own post. Today I'm going to Colin Smiths memorial service, and I feel like it's going to be important to me. It's really easy to lose focus in life (oh and by lose it I mean "what the heck is focus"). I know that Colin's death is painful for his family, but it's not a tragedy. And this is easier for me to say because I'm not as close to him as some students were, but still, I think he would not want us to grieve like people who don't believe that this life is only the first chapter in the bigger picture.

So knowing all this, I am going to go out on a limb and say that this memorial isn't just something I'm gonna go to and say "it's sad that he's gone." It's going to be an event where I, and a lot of other people, are going to be thinking, "Here is what he lived for and how it affected his life and hundreds of other lives," and we're going to walk away and ask if we're doing what we should be doing with our minds and our energy. And the job stuff and everything else ties into this, so I'm just going to go into this with an open mind, and who knows but that I may be a little changed when it's done.

0 comments: