Great new dream

I had this great new dream about being at a Jimi Hendrix concert at Baptist Bible College. It was a really great dream. I think the thing about Hendrix isn't just that he was a great guitarist - we just all kinda like him. He doesn't seem like the kind of dude who would pick up my guitar and start critiquing the heck out of it, he would probably just play it and have fun. Whereas I would never want Eric Clapton to hold my guitar, cuz he would touch it and then say "ewww the action is wrong I dont like these cheap pickups can someone please get me a different guitar." I've only ever acted that way with those unplayable wal-mart electric guitars. Ewwwwww.

The tough thing is all that you hear with most guitarists is a bunch of overdubbing. Of course it sounds good when they overdub and add extra tracks. Just hearing a good guitarist sitting down playing his guitar, you dont hear that. Luckily I got this super rare download of Hendrix on acoustic, it's really fun. Maybe 10 songs on acoustic guitar, it's still hendrix for sure.

0 comments: