Horcruxes

A few months back I was playing world of warcraft. (Right now its good I don't have it, it would be a fun escape.) In the game, I had a hunter dwarf with a pet boar named "piggy." And then last night I had this dream that a wizard like gandalf and dumbledore was a sellout and thought maybe by joining the evil wizard (kind of a sauron-voldemort) he could get real political (since he thought himself too weak to actually beat him) and help save a few people. All the same it was a wimpy decision. And in this dream the evil volde-sauron dude could kick some serious butt, he was basically killing like fifty people at a time with a sweep of his hand. But gandalfuldore did one nice thing, he gave me this pill that would let me make a horcrux with anything I wanted, which is strange cuz its a bad idea to do horcruxes generally. But in the dream I had a pet boar which, just like in world of warcraft, first attacked me but I subdued and tamed it and it was very loyal. So I made a horcrux out of the boar and in the dream, as long as one of us was alive, the other could not die (so a little better than a horcrux really, more like "dragonheart"). We attacked sauron-mort but still got our butts kicked it was sad.

So it's sort of like my new telemarketing job. To keep my sanity I split my personality in two, and when I hear the beep part of me wakes up and enters into the happy-smile world of telemarketing, and then as soon as the call ends it withdraws and a different me resumes existence and draws pictures or taps out drum rhythms or just pretends I was taking a nap. 30-60 seconds later phonejosh wakes up and I go to sleep. By the end of the day I only have about five minutes of memory from the whole day, I might have spent five minutes on the phone except that I feel poopy from fluorescent lights.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

you and your dreams....


um, hang in there with the job...i'm proud of you for sticking with a "not so idealistic" environment.