Red Letter Days

Time has put together a list of top 100 novels here: www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html I'm slightly surprised at some of the reader's top choices (Snow Crash is a great book, but one of the top 5 novels ever?)

More importantly: "I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You'll never - I promise - regret it. Live out this God created identity the way our father lives towards us, generously and graciously, even when we're at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind."
-Luke 6:35-36

Here's a photo of cog train descending from Mt. Washington on Saturday, October 15. (I'll post a couple more eventually and tell about the place. This is as much for me as anybody.)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hey josh,
did you take those pictures yourself? they are amazing!!! i love your blog...keep writing on it-because it will probably be one of my favorite things to read when i am bored at work! i burned my forehead...

Elizabeth said...

how did you get your picture on your bio? i want to do it...

Elizabeth said...

Weird...it doesn't show that you have any comments...which probably means you'll never read any of this.

Pilgrim said...

Yeah that's weird, didn't see your comments until i left my own.

The whole "love your enemies" thing sucks right now. I've been accumulating a good number of them in the past 24 hours, and every time I meet a christian who is a real jerk or lunatic I have to make it my problem and get pissed off. This is not the answer.

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, it stinks that we have to sit by while other Christians are jerks. It helps me to remember that they have to face God some day. maybe that is really mean...but it helps me to not take them on in a "battle". i yelled at a guy a few weeks ago for gossiping, and he can't stand me, now. was it worth it? i guess i'll never know.

Will said...

What translation is the verse from?

Pilgrim said...

It's from "The Message" translation by Eugene Peterson.